Plane Playlist

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Pretty much every fibre of my being wishes I could strut through the airport like Karlie Kloss on a good day - actually, even Karlie Kloss on a bad day. But, reality tells me that airport-Gwen will not suddenly grow ten inches in height, shrink like six sixes in jeans, and make $15 million overnight. So, while airport-Karlie can make her way through every terminal in the world glowing and stress-free and first class, airport-Gwen is likely going to be sweaty, stressed out, and showing the season's latest trend of crumbs from a Starbucks croissant all down the front of my shirt.

exactly what I won't look like this week
It's all good, though, because I will be beating airport-Karlie in one thing: my playlist.
Okay, Karlie Kloss probably also has a really good taste in music, but let me give myself this one. I have nothing else.
Anyone who knows me knows that music has been one of the most important and consistent things in my life since I was in middle school. I don't have any claims to musical talent or any knowledge of musical technique or theory, but I do, if I may say so myself, have a really sick taste in music - mostly because it's insanely eclectic and really, really bizarre.

So, before I take off for the UK, I thought it would be fun to share a playlist that'll get me through the day of traveling. And, since I don't have the space, time, or patience to make a playlist that will last for the entire flight, what follows is a list of the top 20 songs I'll be listening to while I'm cruising at 30,000 feet over the Atlantic. (In no particular order, one song per artist, and also mostly new music or music that I just discovered because if I started going back in time we'd be here forever.)

Embrace it.

  1. Water Under the Bridge - Adele (this is the best song Adele has ever released don't play with me on this)
  2. Outer Space/Carry On - 5 Seconds of Summer (um it was really hard to pick one song from Sounds Good Feels Good let alone all of 5SOS's discography but shout out to Jet Black HeartVapor, Waste the Night, San Fransisco, literally every song on SGFG, WAYF, and Disconnected.) 
  3. Boom - Simple Plan
  4. Black Magic - Little Mix
  5. Secrets - State Champs
  6. Some You Win - Nina Nesbitt (shout out to the fact that Nina is from Edinburgh and that Peroxide is a really great album pls listen to it Nina deserves soooo much more recognition!!)
  7. Wolves - One Direction (if you listen to one One Direction song in your life make it either Wolves, Change Your Ticket, Fireproof, or Through the Dark. Just do it. I picked Wolves because it's on the most recent album) 
  8. Astoria - Marianas Trench (full disclosure that I haven't listened to this new album in full yet but my best friend Ella says this is the best song on the album)
  9. Teenage Millionaire - The Veronicas
  10. Love Like This - Kodaline (okay I'm aware that this is from Kodaline's second to last album and I love their most recent album but Love Like This is literally one of the best songs ever written in the entire history of the world... I want to know why this song doesn't have 10 grammys... where is the recognition this song deserves...)
  11. Bleeding Love - Leona Lewis (this is also one of the world's greatest songs, leave me alone)
  12. 400 Lux - Lorde (This is the greatest love song of our generation and I don't understand a word of it)
  13. Ocean (Live at Red Rocks) - John Butler Trio
  14. Coming Over (Filous Remix) - James Hersey
  15. Girls Like Girls - Hayley Kiyoko
  16. Roman Holiday - Halsey (I know... I know... let me live) 
  17. Tongue Tied - Grouplove
  18. One Night - Ed Sheeran
  19. Milk - the 1975
  20. Leaves in the River - Sea Wolf
*Honorable mention to Jason Derulo's Talk Dirty, because that is the number 1 most played song on my iTunes and there's a reason for that*

That's all for now! Catch ya in Edinburgh!!

No comments

Post a Comment