Accessories Edit

Sunday, June 28, 2015

I've recently discovered that my infatuation with fashion is, more than anything, an infatuation with accessories. I love clothes but I'm realizing that what I really love, what I really get excited about, is accessories. Shoes, bags, jewelry (especially rings), hats - these are the things that I'm usually lusting after. An outfit isn't really complete or unique without accessories anyway!

When it comes to wearing accessories myself, I'm pretty conservative. I do wear six rings (four on one hand, two on the other) but they're the same six every day. I wear the same necklace that my best friend got me for Christmas every day, along with the same Casio watch (that I love dearly) and the same sunglasses. As I'm working an unpaid internship this summer, I don't really have much money to be spending on accessories (or clothes, or anything, really) at the moment, but I've decided to put together a sort of accessories lust list to get myself thinking about branching out more! 

Here are the things I've been lusting over lately, things I've been adding to my sets, and things I would love to add to my wardrobe! 

A little more commentary under the cut as well!

Untitled #293

Untitled #293 by gwenalmighty featuring white leather sneakers


Notes on my favorite pieces:

Belts: I've never been much of a belt person, but I've been seeing them in lots of sets lately and I'm loving the way they look! A simple black belt seems like something vital to add to my wardrobe as soon as I can.

Trainers: I! love! sneakers! I really do! I saw the Nike pair in this set on Niall Horan at the Glastonbury festival this weekend, and I immediately fell in love with them. I don't work out enough to justify buying them, but maybe my obsession with them will be motivation to start! Adidas Superstars have been everywhere lately as well. I haven't got any all white sneakers, and I think they'd be a super versatile and on-trend investment!

Boots: As if I don't have enough pairs of black boots in my life. I've been in love love love with Stuart Weitzman highlander boots for so long now. They're way out of my price range and also super impractical for the life I lead, but I can't stop dreaming about them.

Skinny Scarf: I really love the skinny scarf trend. Saint Laurent does it best. It's a great way to take an outfit and make it a little edgier and a little more high fashion. I'm not sure where to find a good one yet, but I've got my eyes peeled!

Sunnies: I've said this before, but I'm super fickle about sunglasses. I try not to spend lots of money on them because I often break or lose interest in a pair very quickly. That said, these two pairs have been on my mind for a while now. Calum Hood rocks the round Ray-Bans (before he broke his) and I love a big, graphic, statement pair as well. I've heard really good things about Quay Australia sunglasses, so hopefully my next pair will come from them!

Bags: Ever since I got my Rebecca Minkoff Mini M.A.B. in white, I've taken to white bags. I love an all black outfit with a white bag. I love the round handles that make this bag super unique! I also am always on the lookout for the perfect black backpack, and this Elizabeth and James one might just take the cake. The Givenchy Antigona is my dream bag as well. Enough said.

Rings: Rings are probably my favorite accessory! My only problems are my chubby fingers and my emotional attachment to the rings I wear now that make it harder for me to buy new ones. I've been obsessed with the Rock n Rose UK ring for ages, though, and it's on sale, so maybe now is the time to move on.

Watch: my Casio watch is my best friend, but I would benefit from having a more professional, formal looking watch. This Marc Jacobs one is the perfect minimal color scheme for me.

Hat: I love hats, but I never really considered a white one until I came across this Janessa Leone one. I'm more or less in love with it.

No comments

Post a Comment