Times 5 (1)

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Hi! I feel like it's been so long since I've been here! I've had a really busy few weeks, at my internship and otherwise, and I haven't been home enough to make a good post. It's way past time, though, so here I am with something new!

 I decided to start something new this week, which I'm calling Times 5! It's, essentially, the same outfit five times, accessorized differently. It's a really cool brainstorming process for me and I wanted to share it!

The idea is that you can make the same outfit look drastically different and fit drastically different scenarios depending on how you accessorize it. It definitely highlights the important of accessorizing and how it makes, breaks, and decides an outfit!

The first outfit I'm accessorizing is a really basic outfit, very similar to what I wear pretty regularly - a black shirt, and black jeans. I used a gorgeous pair of Rag & Bone /Jean that I'm obsessed with right now. I love the placement of the rips and I think they look gorgeous in Polyvore sets! The top is a really cute strappy cami that I wish I could wear, though it would be hard without a bra. I love it for these sets though!

I didn't use anything twice, except for the shirt and jeans, of course, which I used five times! At first I thought this was going to be a challenge, but at it actually ended up being a challenge to stop after five! I don't think I'm ready to take it to ten yet, but maybe one day!
Check out the sets below and under the cut for a little breakdown of each outfit. I hope you enjoy, and look out for more of these in the future! 


This first outfit was actually the last I created, but I put them in the Polyvore set backward. Anyway, it's totally obvious that I've been loving these Stuart Weitzman boots lately, so I paired them with this Elizabeth and James backpack that I'm dying to get my hands on and the super cute grey fedora from Janessa Leone! My favorite ring from Rock n Rose makes a cameo in this outfit as well. If you replace the Highlander boots with the Lowlander boots (the same thing, just with no heel!) this would be the perfect outfit for exploring a new city. 


Second outfit it's totally Calum Hood inspired. I dressed the outfit down a little bit and made it kind of sporty (for a person who is terrible at literally every sport ever invented, I do love an athletic vibe), which I'm really into at the moment. I saw those gorgeous sneakers on Niall Horan at Glastonbury, and I've seen the hat on around on models and celebrities alike recently. I loved the idea of adding the scarf to tie into the blue-grey in the sneakers and make the outfit a little cozier! 

For outfit number three I dressed it up a little bit! I love this duster coat from Kendall and Kylie's Topshop collection (it and the palazzo pants are really the only two pieces I care for but I absolutely adore them) and I loved pairing it with the sort of strappy suede heels. I love the metal chain detail on the Chloe Drew bag to give the outfit a little bit of edge, as well as the Dior sunglasses. Not to mention, I'm obsessed with the minimal, classy Humble Chic bracelet. Definitely on my wish-list. 

Number four features one of my favorite accessories - a black fedora. I feel like you can't go wrong with this hat, and I often have to fight the urge to add it to literally every outfit I wear. I've been loving this Victoria Beckham bag ever since I saw Sophia Smith out in it, and I love contrasting it against all black. I love the strap and the low chunky heel on these Miss Selfridge shoes as well - they're a much  more casual (and probably comfortable!) version of the Saint Laurent shoes I'm in love with. 

Finally, this outfit is closest to my comfort zone. The Givenchy Antigona is one of my dream bags, and there's nothing I love quite like a black heeled bootie. Add my trusty Casio watch, a dainty but edgy little necklace, some silver rings, and a belt, and you've got a fool proof outfit for almost any occasion. 

There you have it! I hope you enjoy my first Times 5, and are looking forward to more! 

No comments

Post a Comment