What's In My Bag: Internship Edition

Friday, June 19, 2015

Since I’m two weeks into my internship, I thought it was about time to do a What’s in My Bag: Internship Edition post! I know What’s in my Bags are usually really popular on Youtube, but I don’t see why it can’t be adapted to blog format! Here’s my attempt!

                THE BAG: I commute about half an hour to 45 minutes into midtown Manhattan every Monday-Thursday for my internship at a parenting magazine. My bag is more or less the only thing I bring with me – it’s hot, so I like to keep the things I’m lugging around to a minimum. Right now, I’m using a Rebecca Minkoff M.A.B.Satchel in black with silver hardware and I’m absolutely in love with it! I’ve been seriously crushing on all things Rebecca Minkoff since I got my Mini M.A.B. in white, and this bag hasn’t disappointed. It meets all my criteria at the moment – it’s got short straps and long straps, a zipper, pockets, and silver hardware – and it can hold nearly everything I need it to.


              
  WHAT’S INSIDE:


Wallet: Kate Spade – This wallet is huge, honestly the reason I need a big bag is mostly due to how massive this wallet is. That being said, I love it. It holds everything I need it to and then some. I’ve had it for a few years now, and before this one I had another Kate Spade wallet that I really loved. It’s spacious, versatile, and really cute. It usually holds some cash, a metro card, a monthly train ticket, and a MyPanera Card because I can't live without that.
                Inside my wallet I keep a Saint Laurent credit card holder that I’m in love with. I visited Paris for the first time this past November with my mom, and I told myself I couldn’t leave without buying something from a real Parisian Saint Laurent boutique. Unsurprisingly, I couldn’t afford much, but I left with this credit card holder that I’m totally in love with. I keep my lisence and debit card in it and it’s really useful because I can just pop it into a smaller bag (like my mini MAB) when I can’t fit or don’t need my whole massive wallet! And it’s studded, which is one of my biggest weaknesses.

Sunnies: I’m really fickle with sunglasses, so I tend not to spend a lot of money on them. I’m not known for taking good care of my sunnies either, so I try not to get too attached to them (although, I got really attached to my old pair from Nordies and now they’re broken and I’m pretty upset about it). Right now, I’m using a pair of BCBGMaxAzria aviators (that I got way discounted, I would not have paid full price) and I’m really liking them because they’re shaped a bit differently than regular aviators. I don’t love the way aviators look on me, but the shape of these makes them so much more flattering and also unique! I’m keeping them in their case as well, in hopes of not breaking them within a month.

Make Up: I’ve started bringing some make up with me into the office because it tends to wear off during the day (NYC summers are super hot and muggy and sweaty and just all around unflattering). I only carry the essentials: Maybelline FIT Me Foundation Matte + Poreless (In Ivory 115), Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser, A Maybelline Concealer Stick (I’ve had this for so long I’m not sure any other details), Benefit Bad GalLash mascara, and Burberry Kisses lipstick in Oxblood. I change up my products pretty often, but all of these are working really well for me right now. One thing I never change up:  my lipstick. I swear by Burberry lipstick in Oxblood. I’m keeping it all in this really cute Victoria’s Secret pouch as well.

iPhone 6 charger: this goes without saying, I waste so much battery on instagram during the day it’s almost embarrassing.

A black umbrella: it’s been a rainy few weeks in the city.
.
A small moleskin notebook + pens and sharpies and a highlighter: I keep a notebook with me at all times. This one is stuffed with notes and reminders and cute things other people have written down for me. If I ever lost it, it would be a tragedy.

A reusable water bottle: stay hydrated! Don’t kill the environment! I drink about three or four of these over the course of the work day and then some more when I get home. 

My iPod + headphones: I don't know what I'd do without this guy. I survive the long train rides and sometimes the loud, talkative office by listening to music. I've been loving Hilary Duff's new album Breathe In. Breathe Out. as of late. She was my first concert, and it feels so nice to finally hear her make new music.

I hope you liked seeing a little peek at the inside of my bag! Sometimes (usually) there are also snacks and spare tea bags in there to get me through the day, and sometimes I bring along a book and a magazine to read when I go to lunch alone, but I carry those. I keep all my actual internship stuff (like my planner, post-it notes, and thumbtacks) at my desk in the office.
xx g

No comments

Post a Comment